Feeling hungry already? Well, it’s time for some homemade sweet potato chips Free Spirits!
What you need:
– As many sweet potatoes as you wish (when I am alone I only need 1)
– Olive Oil (Enough to lay a layer on them )
– Oregano and Thyme (This step is not necessary – just a recommendation)
1.Preheat the oven to 150 C (I literally have no idea why this temperature – apparently my oven can only bake properly that way).
2.Take your potato, wash it and take a picture of it, like I did.
3. With a knife remove the top and the bottom of the potato. After that I like to peel some parts off, especially the ”disgusting” ones – if you know what I mean.
4. Now you’re good to go! Start slicing the potato! The ideal cut would be, if the slices were as thin as possible.
5. As you can see in the picture above: All of the slices look pretty similar but…. if they don’t – DON’T WORRY, they are still eatable!
I would like to admit that the size and the thickness -if you like – aren’t so important.
6. The same thing goes to the amount of Olive oil, salt and spices you should be using. Literally listen to your heart. (Don’t put TOOOOOOO much salt though!)
All you have to do now is to lay out single layers on a baking sheet and work on the last touches. Add a light coat of olive oil and sprinkle some Salt, Thyme and Oregano for some more flavour.
7.After adding the rest of the ingredients, place the tray in the mid level of your oven.
Temperature: 150 C and let them in for 25 minutes or more. This also depends on your preferences and how crispy you want them to be. For example I like them soft. You just have to keep an eye on them, to make sure they don’t turn black.
8. When you think they’re ready, put them in a plate with some yogurt on the side. At least this is how I enjoy eating them, you should also give it a try.
Let me know what you think in the comments below. Want some more recipes? 🙂
I hope you enjoyed it. Bon Appetite for now!